Wednesday 7 May 2008

Video Profile 2

Hello world. This is one of the videos in the series I shot for Køge Handelsskole. As you might remember from an earlier post, its purpose was to showcase the students and teachers of the particular institution. I tried some grungy editing on this, not too OTT, just enough to make it a bit more snappy and take it away from the typical talking-heads style of documentary.

My subject was Sanne Snejbjerg, history teacher and probably the sweetest person I dealt with during the project. As always, part of my filming technique was to take the camera somewhere out of sight and distract the subject with some chit-chat. What I am interested in is the personality of whoever it is I'm filming. Make them laugh, make them think, make them wonder, that's how you let the person inside shine.

As always, I did the directing, editing, scoring, sound and hauling around of equipment on this one.

Enjoy.

No comments: